EeePC - to Fedora or not?

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 12 15:15:49 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I recently acquired an Asus EeePC-1000
> (the Linux version with a 40GB SSD).
> I don't really like the Linux system running on the machine,
> and am thinking about installing Fedora instead or in addition.
>
> What actually are the advantages of Fedora in this case?
> Also, will I have any problems with WiFi,
> which works very well in the current system?

I have a eeePC 702 and it works perfect on FC10 the kernel-2.6.27,  I
don't know what WiFi the 1000 uses but the eeePC  700 series runs the
Atheros AR5007EG wireless,  and it won't work in the 2.6.26 kernels FC 8
- 9 .
The  rpm from Livna will also give you problems.
All hardware on my E works perfect on FC10 , most of all the Webcam.