Linux Fedora Error Number 15 : File Not Found

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Sun Oct 12 18:05:40 UTC 2008

On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 05:01:57 -0700 (PDT)
Jyotishmaan Ray <jyotishmaan at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear All Fedora Linux Experts,
>
> Sinc yesterday one of my proxy servers is not booting up after a system retsart, and it throws an error message "Error 15: File Not Found Press any key to continue"
>
> I had tried with rescue CD, still it could not be resolved though the system could be mounted but nothing proceeded beyond this.
>
> Give some pointers to solve this problem.

Try booting the previous kernel from the menu. If that works then
re-install the kernel package but it would be good to find out why the
boot loader couldn't find the kernel. Power loss while updating it ?

If not boot off the CD, mount the root file system off the rescue cd,
chroot into that, mount /boot and re-install the current kernel package