Udev net issues

Paavo no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Mon Oct 13 10:19:17 UTC 2008

> To make a 'clean' system disk that can be put into another system,
> remove all the /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistant* and
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*eth? and
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*wlan? and /etc/X11/xorg.conf files.

I copied the partition to another disk, and put that to a new computer, installed grub and moved /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent* and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/*eth? to /root/backups.

The system boots and seems to work, but there are no new /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent* files, should there be?

Are the /etc/udev/rules.d/*persistent* needed? Even if those are not required can I somehow re-create those?

I do have the old ones, but I would not like to use those, I'd rather make/generate new ones if possible (and needed).

-Paavo

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=296186&topic_id=61031&forum=10#forumpost296186
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame paavo.leinonen at wipsl.com.