Beeping while running

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Oct 14 21:01:24 UTC 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 16:16:01 -0400
"Kevin J. Cummings" <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net> wrote:

> I seem to remember that
> my BIOS has an option to route the PC Speaker output through the onboard
> integrated soundcard, and I set it.

Un-setting that would probably be a useful step to take toward finding out the
actual cause.

>  I guess the next time I reboot,  I'll go and look at what its currently set
to.

Now would be an excellent time to reboot and check that out, especially if it's
overheating.

I had a computer here literally melt down about last January.  The only warning
I got from that was a grinding noise.  Then a really bad smell.

There wasn't anything left that was worth salvaging.