speaking of firefox beastlyness...

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Tue Oct 14 21:31:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 17:24:49 -0400
Tom Horsley <tom.horsley at att.net> wrote:

> I seem to be encountering more and more web pages where
> firefox will go totally sluggish and I'll see my gkrellm
> monitor showing a CPU pegged at 100%.
>
> Is there any kind of a firefox performance plugin that measures
> time spent inside other firefox plugins and provides a
> web page with a summary of the piggy plugins?

You could just try the standard troubleshooting method of either removing all
of the plugins and then reinstalling them one at a time until the problem comes
back, or removing the plugins one at a time and seeing when the problem goes
away.

It shouldn't take too long if you have a reasonable number of plugins and if
this happens as often as you say it does.

If, on the other hand, you have an unreasonable number of plugins, then that's
likely your problem right there.