[OT] Flash 10 for Fedora 8 x86_64

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 15 17:01:38 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Sean Bruno <sean.bruno at dsl-only.net>wrote:

> Just a notice, if you are using Flash and install the recently released
> Flash 10 for linux, you'll need to install curl-devel to get it to
> acutally work.
>
> For some reason the folks at adobe didn't add that as a dependency in
> their RPM ... *sigh* ...
>
> For those of us running x86_64, you'll need to install the i386 package
> as well.
>
> Sean

I just upgraded without issue on a x86_64 F8 system. I installed the i386
version as I did not see a native 64bit version available using "yum list
'*flash*'". It seems to be much more CPU efficient. I haven't done any real
benchmarking but almost anything maxed my system out before (especially
really flash heavy sites like www.starcraft2.com) but now it works almost
flawlessly.

Richard