Fedora 8 i386 xen pae kernel

Vasiliy Baranov vasiliy.baranov at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 10:15:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to install Fedora 8 i386 as a domU on a 64 bit Xen 3.1.4 system
and, although the installation procedure itself works smoothly, upon the
first boot I am constantly getting the following error:

    libvir: Xen Daemon error : POST operation failed: (xend.err "(2,
'Invalid kernel', 'xc_dom_find_loader: no loader found\\n')")
    error: Failed to start domain node14-guest2

The GRUB config of the installed domU seems to be OK, that is, it refers to
the vmlinuz-2.6.21-2950.fc8xen kernel. And, I have an equivalent setup
working fine with the x86_64 distro. Does this mean Fedora 8 i386's
kernel-xen is not PAE-enabled? If so, how do I get PAE-enabled kernel-xen?
(I spent a day googling but did find any authoritative answer to this
question.) Am I supposed to build PAE-enabled kernel-xen myself, e.g. as
described here
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-12/msg00413.html and
here
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2007-10/msg00378.html?