postfix domain change

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Thu Oct 16 17:53:35 UTC 2008

Am Thu, 16 Oct 2008 10:22:22 -0500
schrieb "Mikkel L. Ellertson" <mikkel at infinity-ltd.com>:

> David Hláèik wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > i am using postfix as my mailserver on machine running amanda backup
> > server . Amanda sends mails as user amanda - so mail is from
> > amanda at backup.net.hlacik.eu (backup.net.hlacik.eu is servers
> > hostname) . Unfortunatelybackup.net.hlacik.eu is not valid domain
> > name in outside world and our company rented mailserver complains
> > about non - existent domaind and delivery is rejected.
> >
> > How can i tell postfix to replace backup.net.hlacik.eu to
> > cz.hlacik.eu ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > David
> >
> For a single address, it would probably be easier to put an entry in
>  the /etc/aliases file for user amanda to send it where you want it.
> Don't forget to run newaliases.
>
> To change the from address for all mail from the machine, change
> myorigin to cz.hlacik.eu.
>
> Mikkel

Using the masquerade_domains in main.cf could solve your problem:

"
Address masquerading is disabled by default. To enable, edit the
masquerade_domains parameter in the main.cf file and specify one or
more domain names separated by whitespace or commas. The list is
processed left to right, and processing stops at the first match. Thus,

    masquerade_domains = foo.example.com example.com

strips any.thing.foo.example.com to foo.example.com, but strips
any.thing.else.example.com to example.com.
"

try this:
masquerade_domains = cz.hlacik.eu - but this would only help, if your
backupdomain would contain cz.hlacik.eu at the end. Otherwise, you
should think about rewriting your adresses (see in the link:
http://www.postfix.org/rewrite.html

HTH
Roger