Installing software on standalone server

Fred Zinsli fred.zinsli at shooter.co.nz
Thu Oct 16 20:51:10 UTC 2008

I have an FC4 server that is stand alone (lab environement)

How can I configure yum to look at the CDROM drive when I want to
install new applications?

All I am seeking to do is to install other packages that are on the
install CDs and I require their respective dependencies to be installed
as well.

There is no means for me to be able to connect the server to the
internet to achieve this.

Yes I know FC4 support is dead,  but I can't install FC9 on this server
as it seems the hardware support for this sertver has been removed.

Regards

Fred