flash and firefox again

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 01:10:57 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 7:33 PM, Amadeus W.M. <amadeus84 at verizon.net> wrote:

> Man, is flash broken (again?) or what? It was working before the upgrade
> to flash-10, but now cnn videos are very choppy when they play, or simply
> don't play at all. Do other people have this problem? I have a
> hyperthreaded 2.8GHz processor and cnn video takes some 70% on each
> thread. Prior to the update I would see some 30-40% (as far as I can
> recall), and only on one of the threads, not both.
>
> Video on other sites plays well though, e.g. uefa.com.

I didn't find anything helpful with a quick Google search for "flash 10
multitheaded" but maybe it is an issue with multi-core machines? In
contrast, on my single core machine, hulu movies seem to take significantly
less CPU, at least with my "seat of the pants" benchmarking. Maybe 15-25%
less...

Richard