Firefox printing is ugly

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at pacbell.net
Wed Oct 22 07:41:51 UTC 2008

When Firefox prints a page, the fonts generally reflect the fonts of the
web page (at least they reflect whats seen on the screen when displaying
the page), but the layout is all wrong.  This happens on all web pages
but is worst on the N.Y. Times, and it happens both in actual printouts
and in print preview, though not, as I wrote, when displaying the web
page itself  Letters, frequently 'i's and 'o's to are displayed a little
to the right or left of where they ought to be.  A small screenshot of
an example is attached.

Has anyone else observed this?  Does anyone know the reason or a cure?
I'm running Firefox 3.0.2 under Fedora-9 on an x86_64 system.

Thanks - jon