Nautilus troubles writing to CD

brian fedora at logi.ca
Wed Oct 22 14:04:05 UTC 2008

Fedora 7
Nautilus 2.18.3

I'm unable to burn a CD using the Nautilus CD/DVD creator. The image
seems to be created and shows the size at 665.6 MB. However, as soon as
the writing process begins i get this error:

-- snip --
Error writing to disc
There was an error writing to the disc:
The files selected did not fit on the CD.
-- snip --

The only thing Google shows me are po translations of this error msg.
There are a few pages online describing an error accessing the disc but
nothing about files not fitting. I've tried removing about half the
files and also changing discs with the same result.

I'm really unsure of how to debug this. Anyone have any ideas?