What are your unsatisfied NetworkManager use cases?

Andrew Parker andrewparker at bigfoot.com
Wed Oct 22 19:21:26 UTC 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:
> Many people seem to have different issues with NetworkManager. I would
> like to attempt to assist with the progress of NetworkManager by
> collecting use cases which it does not cover at all or properly.
>
> So please reply with a use case that you have that is not covered, I
> will attempt to collect clarify and log them on the wiki (just
> reactivated my account).
>
> For my sake please do one use case per email.

Fixed IPs on a network that has a DHCP server on it - I can't turn off
the wired auto configuration, and end up with the DHCP one.  Trying to
switch between auto and fixed after I've logged in doesn't work
properly either.

Yeah, I know, I should get my MAC tied to an IP, but if you can get
network support to do anything other than say "have you tried
rebooting?" then you're a better man than I am.  Its just not an
option for me.