What are your unsatisfied NetworkManager use cases?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 20:19:29 UTC 2008

Michael H. Warfield wrote:

>> So please reply with a use case that you have that is not covered, I
>> will attempt to collect clarify and log them on the wiki (just
>> reactivated my account).
>
>> For my sake please do one use case per email.
>
> 	Last time I looked, there was no way to prevent NetworkManager from
> screwing over /etc/resolve.conf.

For a variation on this theme, I run OpenNMS on a box with one
statically assigned interface with DNS configuration and default gateway
and another on a different network where I want it to pick up a DHCP
address, but don't want either the default gateway or the DNS servers
that are offered.  That is, I just want to be able to reach the
addresses on that branch, not route anything through it.  Screwing up
your default gateway is at least as bad as resolv.conf.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com