KDE4 auto-hiding of panel

Fred Silsbee fredsilsbee at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 23 17:37:40 UTC 2008

--- On Thu, 10/23/08, Patrick Mansfield <patman at aracnet.com> wrote:

> From: Patrick Mansfield <patman at aracnet.com>
> Subject: KDE4 auto-hiding of panel
> To: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008, 5:26 PM
> On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 11:38:56PM +0000, Kevin Kofler
> wrote:
> > Marko Vojinovic <vvmarko <at> panet.co.yu>
> writes:
> > > How about auto-hiding the panel? It takes
> precious space on my 12" notebook
> > > screen.
> >
> > This has been implemented in the upcoming KDE 4.2. We
> are considering
> > backporting this to the KDE 4.1 packages in Fedora 10
> and in an upcoming Fedora
> > 9 update. (I'm proposing it, but the decision has
> not been made yet.)
>
> Did this get backported into Fedora 9?
>
> If so, how do you auto-hide the panel?
>
> I thought I saw a recent email about this but I can't
> find it, and I
> don't see a way to auto-hide the panel.
>
> -- Patrick Mansfield

In addition to autohide, I'd like to see (see Gnome NOW) automount
of flash drives and CD/DVD with an icon on the desktop.

This feature existed in previous Fedoras

Once I used fstab to mount but all that has gotten complex.

I am not into unnecessary complexity even though I see it is a hobby for many!