Wireless communications.

Bill Marcum rolloclan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 22:30:32 UTC 2008

Hi all,
I just started using Fedora / linux and I am having an issue with
wireless communication. I installed Fedora 8 on my laptop; I have
installed all of the updates available to this point. I am using an old
Dell Latitude Laptop with a cisco systems wireless card. It works fine
with widows it just doesn't seem to want to connect when I log into
Fedora. I am probably missing something but I don't know what it is. The
error that I am getting when I try to activate the card is that it is an
invalid argument (8b06). One of the things that I am not sure about is
how do I choose the type of wireless security I am using? The cables
side of the network system works fine.

I am very familiar with wireless communications and I am pretty
knowledgeable about the windows software but any help you can provide
would be greatly appreciated.

Bill Marcum