Fedora 9 Boot Problem

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Thu Oct 23 19:30:53 UTC 2008

Craig White wrote:

> BIOS Raid1 ?  on ASUS motherboard? sounds like fake raid and wouldn't be
> supported...at least not without some tacky vendor supplied driver.

do not know about 'fake raid' on asus boards, but a few years back i had an
asus main board that had additional connectors for raid. it went south before
i ever got a chance to try raid with it.

curious to see what asus was up to now, i checked asus site to see if i could
find board mentioned, but not shown.

what was shown are;

m3n78-eh:
Southbridge
1 xUltraDMA 133/100
6 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports
Support RAID 0,1,5,10,JBOD

m3n78-pro:
NVIDIA® GeForce 8300
1 xUltraDMA 133/100/66/33
6 xSATA 3 Gb/s ports
(Use SATA1-4 for IDE mode.)
NVIDIA® MediaShield™ RAID Support RAID 0,1,0+1,5,JBOD

m3n78-vm:
Chipset
1 xUltraDMA 133/100
5 x SATA 3Gb/s ports (Use SATA1-3 for IDE mode.)
NVIDIA® MediaShield™ Chipset built-in, RAID 0,1,0+1,5, JBOD

checking nvidia site showed;
   http://www.nvidia.com/object/feature_raid.html
   http://www.nvidia.com/object/IO_28159.html

not familiar with 'fake raid', but have noted it mentioned before. any
suggestions where i might look to increase my knowledge about 'fake raid'?
- --

tc,hago.

.

learn linux: