F10beta: SElinux problem with firefox and npviewer.bin

Pavel Lisy pali at tmapy.cz
Fri Oct 24 10:49:58 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-23 at 10:20 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Pavel Lisy wrote:
> > Hello
> >
> > I've just installed F10beta and it seams to be step forward.
> >
> > But I have problem with firefox and flash content in some web sites.
> >
> > there are these errors (Summary only):
> >
> > 2x
> > SELinux is preventing npviewer.bin (nsplugin_t) "read" to ./profiles.ini
> > (home_root_t).
> >
> > 2x
> > SELinux is preventing npviewer.bin (nsplugin_t) "write"
> > to /home/pali/.mozilla/firefox/me1qy2e6.default/.parentlock
> > (home_root_t).
> >
> > 14x
> > SELinux is preventing npviewer.bin (nsplugin_t) "write"
> > to ./#SharedObjects (home_root_t).
> >
> > 1x
> > SELinux is preventing npviewer.bin (nsplugin_t) "read"
> > to ./43176123e8eb6e4cae1cae54f50effde-x86.cache-2 (home_root_t).
> >
> > 1x
> > SELinux is preventing npviewer.bin (nsplugin_t) "write" to ./AssetCache
> > (home_root_t).
> >
> > What does it mean? How can I solve it? Can I only disable this part of
> > SElinux policy?
> >
> > Pavel
> >

> This looks like you have a big labeling problem.  restorecon -R -v /home

Yes, this helped. Thank you.

> Looks like everything in your home directory is labeled home_root_t?
>
> Did you just untar your home directory?
I am not sure where problem started. My account is only in LDAP and home
directory was created by system. But I had to change rights on /home
chmod 1777 /home

after that I copied some directories from old filesystem (mounted
in /mnt/f9) by MC. I am not sure if I was logged root or normal
account.

Where do you think problem started?

Pavel