livna: could we have kmod-nvidia-2.6.26.6-49 for f8 ?

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sat Oct 25 16:22:36 UTC 2008

On 25.10.2008 15:35, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> I am running the latest stable kernel for my Fedora 8 installation.
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.26.6-49.fc8 #1 SMP Fri Oct 17 15:59:36
> EDT 2008 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> I would like an nvidia driver for this kernel.  It doesn't seem to be
> available.
> [...]
> Could someone rectify this ?

Best to report issues like this the repo and package maintainers(¹) as
that will make sure the issues gets known and fixed as soon as possible.

Mentioning a important problem like this it on some list or forum in
most cases won't help (or will just delay getting the problem solved),
as it's impossible for the repo maintainers to closely monitor all
Fedora specific mailing lists and webforums -- there are hundreds of
them all over the net and some are even using different languages than
English.

But a little bird told me that the livna repo maintainers by pure luck
got aware of the issue; they apologize for the problem (²) and a updated
nvidia kmod will be in the master repos in round about half and hour(³).

CU
knurd

(¹) preferred way is via bugzilla.livna.org or bugzilla.rpmfusion.org
for Livna and RPM Fusion. Asking on IRC in the channels #livna or
#rpmfusion on freenode can work as well and is easier, but bugzilla
works more reliable

(²) all other updated kmods had been rebuild and pushed to the F8 and F9
repos a few days ago already; but the nvidia kmod due to some stupid
problem got lost :-/

(³) yum might not see it by then due to mirror delays and metadata caching