Data Recovery:

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Oct 26 02:06:56 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 02:00 +0000, vohnmaxwell at bellsouth.net wrote:
> I had a problem with the install of Fedora 9 (Up grade from Fedora 8).
> I am attempting to use Fedora 9 Live to access my hard drive in order
> to recover any data - pictures, documents, etc.
>
> It seems that Fedora 9 Live is unable to find my hard drive.
>
> How do I get access to this data?
>
> Or, if I simply attempt to install Fedora 9 (not upgrade from a prior
> version) will my data be left behind?
----
does the Fedora 9 Live CD support booting 'Linux rescue' mode? I ask
because I am ignorant of this but if it does, that is what will answer
the question best. Linux rescue mode will find the installation if it
can be found.

No, a new install would likely erase the whole hard drive.

You might want to tell us what the steps you did to install Fedora 9
upgrade from Fedora 8.

Craig