desktop cpuspeed

Hiisi very-cool at rambler.ru
Sun Oct 26 21:58:22 UTC 2008

Hei, List!
I'm running Fedora 7 on an old computer. It's Celeron 510 MHz with 256
MB RAM. I use it in a scientific laboratory for temperature controlling.
(There's a simple program that sets the temperature of heater in polymer
films orientation machine) Since it's the only computer in the
laboratory I'm interested in speed it up for simple tasks of text
editing and WEB browsing. I would like to do it not so slow. Looking for
a bit more RAM for it but useless yet - can't find DIM memory anywhere.
What is possible to do, I suppose, is to speed up its CPU frequency. I
could not find this option in BIOS. There's some record about processor
but I can't change there anything. Then I was trying to speed it up
using cpuspeed program. But useless. I've seen somewhere while googling
'cpuspeed usage' that it utility is only for laptops. So, here's my
question: how to speed up my CPU?
Thanks in advance.

--
Hiisi