VDQ : rhgb, plymouth -- and mkinitrd

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 27 05:22:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 14:07 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
>  The real answer, of course, is the one that Rahul Sundaram posted;
> and it mentions that there will be a way to get to grub. In fact,
> iiuc, grub *will* appear automatically on machines with multiple hard
> drives, on the theory that those of us who have them mostly run more
> than one OS.

Having read the referenced page, it still leaves me cold.  Years of
experience of booting and wildly pressing a hot key trying to hit it at
just the right moment makes me hate hidden menus.

The GRUB interface is used for more than just multi-booting.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.