Fedora 9/10 and NVIDIA ?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 20:25:38 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 1:42 PM, kevin kempter <kevin at kevinkempterllc.com>wrote:

> Hi All;
> I'm considering the purchase of a Dell 64bit laptop with an NVIDIA video
> card.
>
> - Intel Core 2 Duo Extreme Edition X9100 3.06GHz, 1067MHZ, 6M L2 Cache Dual
> Core (224-3154)
> - 1GB NVIDIA Quadro FX 3700M Mobile Precision M6400 Covet (320-7518)
>

> Anyone have any thoughts per Fedora 9/10 compatibility, potential issues,
> gotcha's, etc ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

Work recently issued me an HP 8510w which is a core 2 duo at either 2 or
2.2GHz with an Nvidia Quadro 570M 256MB. No problems here after installing
the proprietary Nvidia drivers (I used the dkms package from freshrpms, but
there are other ways to get it). Everything works, even the wireless with
the native driver after cutting the firmware to the right location.

Richard