54 GB in /var/log!! -- UPDATE

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Oct 28 15:56:06 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-28 at 15:16 +0000, Beartooth wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 02:17:42 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
>
> > I have the exact same printer connected via usb as well, but to my main
> > machine, not a kvm switch.  I think switching the switch from one
> > machien to another is causing the messages.
>
> > I have a suggestion....Attach the printer to just one machine, and then
> > set it up to share and then connect each machine to it via the network.
> > That might help a whole lot and cut down on the messages.  I hardly ever
> > see those things if at all.
>
> 	<sigh> "Set it up to share"?? Has that gotten any easier in
> recent years -- since the last time I gave up trying??
----
one of my favorite attitudes...defeated before trying

for consideration, it's simple to set up. You connect the printer and
configure it to print locally. Then you check the box that tells it to
share it with your network.

Then any other linux system on your subnet will automatically recognize
and can print to the printer without any configuration at all.

Craig