FONTS

Petrus de Calguarium kwhiskerz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:08:47 UTC 2008

=?ISO-8859-2?Q?David_Hl=E1=E8ik?= wrote:

> Which package  , freetype-freeworld?

Yes, install freetype-freeworld (it was on livna, but might be on rpmfusion by now, too).

You can see a screenshot at:

http://sites.google.com/site/screenshotsite/

I uploaded a 1280x1024px image of google displaying search results, as that contains a lot of text.

There are a number of ways you can force the X server to start with the native resolution of your monitor (mine is 96 dpi):

1. You can append -dpi 96, or whatever is appropriate, in the kdmrc file on the ServerArgsLocal line (no commas between arguments, just a space).

2. In gdm, there used to be a graphical setup utility and one could configure the X server on the security page, but I don't know if that utility still exists, as gdm has gone through a lot of changes in the last 8 months.

3. To set for this session only: xrandr --size 1280x1024 --dpi 96.

You will realize equally impressive results with image display, when the dpi is set correctly for your monitor.