password question.

Amy Kelly engagedtone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 17:35:38 UTC 2008

On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 10:15, Steven W. Orr <steveo at syslang.net> wrote:
> Under F9, I want to create an account such that the user will be required to
> change the password on login, but I don't have control over how soon (or
> late) the user will get to that first login. Is there a way to do it? The
> passwd command didn't look like it had anything useful.
>
> TIA

I've used the Gnome and KDE User Account GUI's to do this when I was
setting up a second account for the boy to use - when you set the
password, there's a ticky box to force the user to change the password
on the first login. You set it to expire the password and set the
number of logins before forced to change to 0.

amy
Amy Kelly // engagedtone at gmail.com