Slow Second Access to Internet

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Tue Oct 28 18:05:03 UTC 2008

Mike -- EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> In my FC7, using Firefox, if for example, I access
> www.google.com, I get an essentially instantaneous
> response.  If I then close the browser, reopen it,
> and again try to access google, there is a long
> delay, perhaps a minute before I get the response.
> (I note that my browser is set to delete all
> private on closing.)  During this delay, the
> browser reports that it is looking up the URL.
> If I then wait a few minutes I can repeat the
> whole scenario.
>
> I suspect that something similar may be happening
> with my Pan news reader.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Mike.

Does this happen with any other browsers?  I know Pan can be really
sluggish at times, so I tend to discount that app as far as network
reaction times go.

Does opera or Konqueror do that?  I haven't seen this problem in FF on
my Fedora boxes.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support