OpenOffice & Fedora 9 KDE 4.1.2

Alex Makhlin makhlina at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 20:07:18 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I just recently installed OpenOffice and non of the apps work. They open
for a split second and then they close. Is this a Java issue, Nvidia
driver issue, or is it a Fedora 9 bug? I checked around on the net but
could not find an answer.

I am running Fedora  9  KDE 4.1.2 on an HP Pavilion dv9208nr laptop:

*Product Name* 	dv9208nr
* Product Number* 	RP114UA#ABA
*Microprocessor* 	1.6 GHz AMD Turion ^(TM) 64 X2 Dual-Core Mobile
Technology TL-50
*Microprocessor Cache* 	2 X 256KB L2 Cache
*Memory* 	1024MB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
*Video Graphics* 	NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150 (UMA)
*Video Memory* 	up to 288MB (shared)
*Hard Drive* 	120GB 5400RPM (SATA)
*Multimedia Drive* 	LightScribe Super Multi 8X DVD±R/RW with Double
Layer Support
*Display* 	17.0" WXGA+ High-Definition BrightView Widescreen Display
(1440 x 900)
*Fax/Modem* 	High speed 56k modem
*Network Card* 	Integrated 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
*Wireless Connectivity* 	802.11b/g WLAN
*Multimedia Features* 	HP Imprint Finish & Integrated Microphone
*Sound* 	Altec Lansing