FONTS

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Wed Oct 29 18:27:00 UTC 2008

On Wed October 29 2008 12:23:02 pm David Hláčik wrote:
> No my laptop has 1440x900 (Asus F3Sr).

OK - in an earlier post, you said you were using 1400X900 -
that's why I asked; so, I'm assuming you're saying that the
earlier post was incorrect, and you are indeed using 1440X900,
correct?

> And yes, when i download Ubuntu fonts looks OK - becouse they
> are using different smoothing algoritmh. (patented )

Maybe that's the explanation, but I don't think so - I still
think something else is going on with your Fedora setup - I
haven't ever had to deal with the issue you're seeing, except
when my screen resolution was improperly set by the automatic
mechanisms, so, I just can't offer any other suggestions.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA