FEDORA net etiquette

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Wed Oct 29 21:15:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:17:37 +0100, Joachim Backes wrote:
	[...]
> My question: are there rules for the fedora email traffic saying: do not
> use signatures?

	I used to wish modern scholarship in the widest sense
(Wissenschaft) could be anonymous; but I came to realize that the same
assertion carries different weights, and maybe different connotations,
according to who makes it.

	That turns out especially true in a context like the present. For
those of us who are not technoids nor were meant to be, there is very
practical value in learning who speaks for Fedora, who is especially good
at explaining things in simple terms, who has the patience to stick with
a topic till we grasp it, etc.

	Also, at least some newsreaders (for those of us whose electronic
lives Gmane routinely saves) let you rearrange threads by poster -- a
great convenience.

	So I urge people to take some slight effort to put something
reasonably distinguishable both in their From: fields and at the bottoms
of their posts.

	Beyond that deponent opineth not.