Installing a RPM

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Wed Oct 29 22:48:47 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> I tryed to install openoffice.org-pdfimport-3.0.0-9.6.fc10.i386.rpm and
> it needs a number dependencies like libuno_*,
>  these dependcies are in /opt/openoffice.org/ure/lib/ but they can't be
> found by rpm -ivh.

Jim,
	Fedora 10 is still in BETA and hasn't been released yet.  Discussions
for it should be on the fedora-test-list.

	That said, if its a Fedora packaged RPM, either there is a packaging
bug (which should be reported) or you haven't properly configured your
f10 yum repositories to be able to find all of the necessary
dependencies.  If you are trying to use RPM directly, you'll have to
track down all of the dependencies by hand.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net