Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 30 00:13:24 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 17:24:16 -0600
> Petrus de Calguarium <kwhiskerz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> and they lack the sophistication of rpm and yum, having to make due with the deficient and awkward apt system
>
> Huh? Synaptic is the one reason I might consider switching to ubuntu.
> You want to talk deficient and awkward, compare packagekit to synaptic
> and decide which is deficient.

I would like bugzilla.redhat.com to know what is consider deficient in
the latest packagekit. You probably mean gpk-application, the GNOME
frontend to packagekit since packagekit is just a library and not
directly comparable to synaptic.

Moreover, apt-rpm and synaptic are already available in the Fedora repo
and switching distributions for it doesn't make much sense for this reason.

Rahul