FONTS

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 30 15:05:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-10-30 at 08:31 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> If you didn't take a look at his screen grab, you probably should.

I did.  And when I view that image at 1:1 size, I find that the text
rendering is reasonably good, both on LCD and CRT VDUs.

Did you look at it in a web browser that shrinks the picture to fit into
the screen space?

I'll point out that much of that grab is dedicated to showing a page in
the Firefox web browser, which has its own ideas about font rendering,
separate from how the rest of the screen is drawn in Fedora.

And, for what it's worth, the second one seems much worse than the
original (blurred, and that blurring is with colour fringing).

http://www.hlacik.eu/screen.png
http://www.hlacik.eu/screen2.png

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r