Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 15:20:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:45:18 -0700
> makhlina at gmail.com (Alex Makhlin) wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Which one do you think is better and for what reasons. Ubuntu or
>> Fedora 9. Personally I like Fedora 9.
>
> I'll tell you the same thing here that I tell folks in the #fedora IRC
> channel:
>
> Both distros have live media. Why don't you download them and try out
> each and decide for yourself which one you like?
>
> kevin

Good advice.

I was installing Linux for a friend, and figured I'd give them Ubuntu
as I it would hopefully be easier for them than Fedora. Tried the
LiveCD, kept freezing up (requiring hard restarts). Did an install
figuring I just needed to update to a new kernel, pre and post full
system update, still kept hard freezing. So I went back to old
faithful Fedora.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )