PackageKit in rawhide

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Oct 30 15:47:37 UTC 2008

> Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > Try Add/Remove software and try to install them.
> >
> > I can deterministically reproduce this breakdown. Shall I video tape it,
> > if you don't want to believe me?

A Video has been taped (unfortunately of very low quality).
*.avi available on request.

> Did I say, I did not believe you? I am just saying I can't reproduce the
> problem and I just did a installation of a package install to confirm
> that it works fine and it did.
>
> So it might be something to do with the configuration of repositories in
> your system or we have different versions. You might want to post to
> packagekit list with more details.
>
> # rpm -qa | grep -i packagekit
>
> PackageKit-yum-plugin-0.3.9-1.fc10.i386
> PackageKit-glib-0.3.9-1.fc10.i386
> PackageKit-yum-0.3.9-1.fc10.i386
> gnome-packagekit-0.3.9-4.fc10.i386
> PackageKit-udev-helper-0.3.9-1.fc10.i386
> PackageKit-0.3.9-1.fc10.i386

Identical to what I have, except that I also have
PackageKit-gstreamer-plugin-0.3.9-1.fc10.i386
installed.

> # yum repolist
> Loaded plugins: list-data, refresh-packagekit
> repo id             repo name                                status
> livna-development   Livna for Fedora Core 9.92 - i386 - Deve enabled :
>      56
> rawhide              Fedora - Rawhide - Developmental package enabled :
>   11,415
> rpmfusion-free-rawhi RPM Fusion for Fedora 9.92 - Free - Rawh enabled :
>      409
> rpmfusion-nonfree-ra RPM Fusion for Fedora 9.92 - Non-Free -  enabled :
>      153
> repolist: 12,033

# repo id              repo name                                status
rawhide              Fedora - Rawhide - Developmental package enabled :  11,414