Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Thu Oct 30 21:33:45 UTC 2008

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 13:18:40 +0000
"Marcelo M. Garcia" <marcelo.maia.garcia at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Have you tried yumex? I think it's pretty nice. I prefer "yum" than
> apt-get, apt-cache, dpkg, etc.

Yep, in fact I use yumex in preference to the packagekit gui when
I need to search for stuff and want to do a random collection of
package installs, but my primary command is just the cli
"yum update" command :-).

However, the synaptic GUI (at least on modern ubuntu systems) is
the only package management GUI that ever just made sense to me
out of the box with no learning curve, and it does stuff no other
gui seems to do, like downloading more than one package at a time
(so when one is stuck on a slow server, it doesn't backup all the
rest), and allowing me to search on just package name, or on
descriptions as well as names, etc.