Fedora home server using core 9

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Wed Sep 3 19:48:54 UTC 2008

> Well they don't supply the same warning for http connections which have exactly
> the same issues.

Because they are not expected to be secure. Internet Exploder by the ways
does warn about forms sent via HTTP until everyone turns the warning off.

You may notice that while food has a best eaten before date your mouse
does not. This is because you are not expected to eat your mouse.

> We do disagree. I think it is more reasonable to treat sites with self signed
> certs where the CA is not in Firefox's list the same as sites that are using
> http insteasd of https (barring mismatched or expired certs).

Then we disagree about user expectation. Fair enough.

Alan