Printer takes ages to print one page with FC8

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 23:06:13 UTC 2008

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 03 Sep 2008 23:58:10 +0200
> "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti at nexaima.net> wrote:
>
>> Then I tried to print only the 4th page, the exact same thing
>> happened:
>
> I suspect that there is something "weird" on or about the fourth page of your
> document.  Possibly a bad font, a bad graphic, or something else altogether.
>
> What happens if you try to print your document starting from page 5?

I've seem similar strange behavior when printing documents with a mix
of photos, graphic charts and all sorts of fonts. It always has to
do with some image in the document or a mathematical equation created
with equation editor in MS Office..
A few times I had to do this on Mac OS X:
In the problem page start cutting all images (paste them elsewhere to save) to
see which one is the culprit.
Once I found the problem image I cut it, then from a menu option (I
don't recall)
I selected "paste special" and chose the image type as jpeg. That solve
my problem. I've done it more than once.
I bet your printer is fine. Try printing some other document type:
text, web page.

hope this helps.
~af