InDependance

Jameson imntreal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 03:52:22 UTC 2008

On 9/3/08, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Jameson wrote:
> > Does anyone know why the InDependance package hasn't been maintained in so
> > long?  It's used to automagically determine rpm build dependencies.  Am I
> > missing a better way to do this?
>
> would you please 'automagically' change your gmail configs to send
> 'text/plain', not 'text/html'? note 'Guidelines:' address at bottom
> of page and have a read.
>
> also, 'automagically' may be found at wikipedia or wiktionary, but it
> is used primarily by 'msbsos heads'.
>
> as for 'InDependance', i do not use it.

Sorry about the formatting.  This is the first list I've ever seen
complain about it.

Anyway, since the first message, I packaged it myself to see exactly
what it does.  It is used as a wrapper for rpmbuild.  It uses strace
to determine which files are used in the building of a rpm, and then
uses rpm queries to determine which package(s) those files came from,
and lists them.  Thus making it easier to see exactly what packages
are needed to build the new one.

It looks like it was last packaged a long time ago in RedHat 7.  I can
throw my slightly modified SRPM up somewhere if you'd like to take a
look.

=-Jameson