Fetchmail + Sendmail for local users ??

Arun Shrimali arun.reso at gmail.com
Sat Sep 6 10:15:50 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I have a remote mail server and domain where all our mails are received.
Locally I have a squid proxy server (non  transparent)  (on FC6) behind a
router through which my local users access the Internet as well as mails
(browser based client).

Problem :
Few of my users receives huge amount of mails, thus slow net connectivity
irritates them to check mails. I don't want to call all the mails on my
local server as few of the staff members wants to access mails from
different geographical locations.

Solution ??:
I am planning to setup fetchmail + sendmail so that I can fetch mails from
remote server for few users and they can access mail through outlook express
or  squirrel mail.

Is the combination right ?? where can I get the how to about this
combination ?? I have googled but ...

Regards

Arun