XFCE F9 ssh gui?

Mark Haney mhaney at ercbroadband.org
Thu Sep 11 18:12:45 UTC 2008

Frank Murphy wrote:
> I have added a rw\usb-stick as a ssh-client, pub-key added to server
> authorised_keys etc..
>
> What can I install in xfce to access the server gui based.
>

> Frank

You lost me, what do you mean?  Do you need to get a GUI on the server
you SSH into?  If so, you should just be able to run a remote X session.

 From the CLI once you've logged in, try running xconsole then you can
start up any GUI application you want.  (At least that's how I do it.)

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support