HPLIP and system-config-printer

Andrea mariofutire at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 13 18:53:34 UTC 2008

Hi,

I need to update hplip to the latest version (2.8.7) to support a new printer.

So I have downloaded the src rpm from fedora 10 and rebuilt the rpm.
Everything went fine.
Installed ok (replacing the f9 version 2.8.2)

Now when I launch system-config-printer I cannot see my the new drivers.
In the list (under HP) I see exactly the same drivers of before the upgrade.

The funny thing is that even if I remove hplip I still see the same drivers for HP printers.

I have rebooted to be sure cups was properly restarted.

I can imagine that system-config-printer takes the drivers from elsewhere.

Does anybody know how it works?

Andrea