Does Thundergird Crash when to many Emalis in Inbox ??

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sat Sep 13 22:22:31 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> FC8
> Does Thunderbird crash when you have  to many emails in Inbox ??
> I have a friend that has had thunderbird crash three times in one year
> he says he has 600 emails in Inbox, and I check to see how many emails
> are in his inbox and there isn't 600 email there. But he does leave a
> lot of emails in the Inbox.

You need to provide more information about the type of email account ...
POP3?  IMAP?  Movemail?

I often have up to 10,000 emails in my Inbox before I clear it out
(IMAPS Inbox, via dovecot from my email server) by running the
thunderbird on my server which movemails the Inbox into my local
folders.  Yeah, I only clear it out once a month....

> You try to read emails and they are not emails from the person that sent
> them ,they are from someoe else.

Sounds like Thunderbirds index files are corrupt.  Try deleting them,
and let Thunderbird re-create them.

> Is there something wrong with Thunderbird that causes it to crash, when
> you get to many emails in the Inbox ??

Only when it gets confused, and I haven't seen Thunderbird 2.x get
confused nearly as often as thunderbird 1.x used to....

> Is there a better email browser, not Evolution.
> Is there a virus out there that affects email boxes, he gets email from
> all over the US, I have never seen one person get so emails as he does.

I use Thunderbird becuase it is cross-platform.  I have the same
interface to my email, whether from Linux or that *other* OS....

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com
cummings at kjchome.homeip.net