lose network after re-boot

Joel Rees joel.rees at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 12:00:25 UTC 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 6:20 PM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> Joel Rees wrote:
>
>> I just tried the Save item in the File menu of the Network Settings
>> tool. Rebooted and the interface is still down. But this time, when I
>> try to bring up the Network Settings tool, I get a message dialog,
>> about trying to bring the interface up, which goes away after a
>> second or two, to be replaced with an error dialog about being unable
>> to bring the interface up.
>
> As a matter of interest, is the Network Configuration=>Network
> Settings tool
> intended for use with Network Manager?

Funny you should ask. There's a little checkbox in there that asks
whether the nic should be managed by the network manager. For some
reason, after install, it was unchecked. So, I just checked it and
rebooted and the settings took.

Thanks. Now I can see if I can navigate the procedure for updating
the signatures.

Joel Rees