sound on HP DC7700 [solved]

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Sep 15 15:02:59 UTC 2008

Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak wrote:
> Adding:
>
> <sound>=/dev/dsp* /dev/snd/*
> <console>  0600 <sound>      0600 root
>
> to:
>
> /etc/security/console.perms.d/50-default.perms
>
> made sound on my HP DC7700 work.
>
> Still no luck with the HP DC7800, though.
>

> - Mike

Check your kernel modules.  I had an issue with mine and I found that
the kernel upgrade on Friday changed my sound card settings as well as
the permissions.

Just got my sound working by changing the configuration back to what I
had before.  Still some issues to look at though.

--
Robin Laing
Instrumentation Technologist   Voice: 1.403.544.4762