Arranging icons on desktop

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Mon Sep 15 22:02:47 UTC 2008

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

[snip]

> It does. Evo is my preferred client and threading works as it's supposed
> to (i.e. using the In-Reply-To header). However there is also a
> preference option to allow it to fall back to subject-based threading
> when the standard method fails (look under the Preferences->Mail
> Preferences->General tab). This is mainly for compatibility with
> Outlook, which is broken in this regard.

Actually, it's for compatibility with Mozilla--the behavior of which is
based on this broken-by-design document:

   http://www.jwz.org/doc/threading.html

I think Outlook may be even more broken than this; for the longest time
it didn't even look at References and In-Reply-To.

--
Braden McDaniel                      e-mail: <braden at endoframe.com>
<http://endoframe.com>               Jabber: <braden at jabber.org>