yum upgrade F8->F9

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 08:00:43 UTC 2008

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:07:55 -0700 (PDT), Globe Trotter wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone had experience with upgrading F8 to F9 of late. I get a strange bunch of dependencies which indicate that the current rpms (to be upgraded) have dependencies on the old (F8) ones. For example, claws-mail in F8 needs libssl.so.6, etc.
>
> But why should yum care? Claws-mail itself will be updated to the new.

Verify that a newer claws-mail is available actually. It must be seen by
Yum, or else you keep the F8 pkg and its dependencies. Sometimes packagers
make mistakes and offer a newer pkg release for the older dist(s). Make
sure F9 Updates (or even Test Updates) repo is enabled, so really the
latest F9 pkgs are used as updates.