USB keyboard and mouse stopped working in X ?

linux guy linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 23:01:10 UTC 2008

I installed the latest F9 updates this morning via yum update.

I'm running a Dell desktop.  I'm using a Logitech USB keyboard and mouse.

They worked fine for the last several years.    I rebooted this afternoon
because my computer seemed to be running really slow.   When I got to the
graphical login screen, I found the keyboard and mouse no longer worked.   I
could not input my password.   However, I found that ctr-F6 did work and
that got me to a graphical login.   Once in a console, my keyboard worked
fine.  I rebooted several times with different kernels.   My USB mouse and
keyboard didn't work with any of them.

Any idea how this might be fixed ?

I seem to remember that yum installed a couple new X files this morning.
Could someone tell me which files they were and how to roll back to the
previous  versions ?

Thanks