[Fwd: Config Network Setting]

edwardspl at ita.org.mo edwardspl at ita.org.mo
Sun Sep 28 14:53:02 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I just have the problem of "Destination Host Unreachable" from eth1 (
ping to other same network segment internal machine ) as the following
setting :

[root at svr1 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth0
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=dhcp
ONBOOT=no
[root at svr1 network-scripts]#

[root at svr1 network-scripts]# cat ifcfg-eth1
DEVICE=eth1
BOOTPROTO=static
BROADCAST=192.168.0.255
IPADDR=192.168.0.254
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
NETWORK=192.168.0.0
ONBOOT=yes
[root at svr1 network-scripts]#

[root at svr1 network-scripts]# cat ../network
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=svr1
[root at svr1 network-scripts]#

So, what is the problem of the current setting ?

BTW, what different between modify ifcfg-eth? and running the tools of
"system-config-network" ?

Thanks !

Edward.