firefox problem

Amadeus W.M. amadeus84 at verizon.net
Mon Sep 29 00:17:54 UTC 2008

After a bunch of updates yesterday I begun to get a message upon starting
firefox, something like:

ASSERT: *** Search: _installLocation: engine has no file! Stack Trace: ...
etc.

I click ok and it works, but why do I get that message. I have firefox set
up to start with google. That site works even with this warning, but some
sites that I was perfectly able to access yesterday I can no longer access
today.

Is anyone seeing this or has any idea what the problem might be?

Oh, I noticed firefox-3.0.2-1 was among the updates of yesterday.